Thursday, January 27, 2011

Will it ever stop?

To give a little background... Ever since I was young, and whenever I had to give a talk in church I would get up feeling good and then all of a sudden the tears would come and come and come and come. They wouldn't stop. So rarely did I ever get up to bear a testimony and I hated being asked to speak. Well then I went on my mission and I thought I learned to control those tears a little bit. (In my book, I had them under control except on a few certain occasions).

Now present day... At the beginning of Jan I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament. I thought "Good I have two weeks to prepare I will be ready, no big deal." I was the last speaker which made me a little nervous because you never know how much time you will have. You could have twenty minutes or you could have two minutes. Anyway... I got up and before I can even introduce Dan and I (because we are still fairly new to the ward) I start crying. I am not just talking about a little tear here or there. I seriously cried through the WHOLE thing. I was totally embarrassed and still am. Now everyone in my ward thinks I am a cry baby.

Tonight..... I was asked to assist the missionaries on a lesson for an investigator. When I introduced myself she was like "oh you gave a talk a few weeks ago and cried through it huh?" She didn't say this to make fun of me but that is how she remembered me. haha..

But seriously I have one questions....... Will it ever stop? I am hoping to have those tears a little more under control after my pregnancy. Is there any hope? I seriously hope so.

6 comments:

Natalie Moon said...

Alison! I totally understand the crying thing. Ha ha, it really is embarrassing but don't worry...it doesn't get better! I think a child has made me even more emotional. Much to Jordan's dismay! :) I'm sure your talk wasn't that bad. I bet people were truly touched by how deeply you felt about your subject. Glad to hear you are all doing well!

Gena said...

Haha, Allison... I don't think it ever stops. I actually cried a Christmas with the Kranks in December! Don't ask me how! That's like the least sentimental movie ever, but it got me!

People probably don't think you're a crybaby, just sentimental. Eh, just blame it on the pregnancy if they do! :)

Holly said...

Haha, oh goodness. I love you all the more for this. Since becoming a mom, I cry in just about everything; including The Incredibles. :) It's all part of your charm.

Tiffanie said...

What is so funny about this is that I cry over everything! And it got worse when I was pregnant and I'm pretty sure never got better. I read a book, I start sobbing, I watch a "touching" commercial and the tears start coming - ridiculous! But don't be embarrassed, I think it shows how compassionate, loving, sweet, sensitive and blah blah blah we are :)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, I COMPLETELY understand, except for me it's not crying. I always think though that the more I practice at things like that the more comfortable I will become, but instead it gets worse. I hate it. I'm sorry you have to go through that!!

derek and michelle said...

Aw I love you. Hey your pregnant! And we just cry. Im just glad you cry with me, because its usually me. Im sure your talk was awesome, wish I was there.