Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"The Merciful Obtain Mercy"

Every 6 months we get to hear wonderful talks from men called of God. (for those who aren't of our belief go HERE to find out more). This talk is my favorite. I had a nice little reminder of it again today. Aren't those words so true. We need to STOP gossiping, backbiting, etc. Is it easy... For me, sometimes yes. Especially when I am frustrated. Even when I try my hardest not to say a word something usually slips.  Should I do it even when I am annoyed, frustrated etc? NO. As Dan has said over and over since we met, "If you look for the good in someone you will always find good. If you look for the bad in someone you will ALWAYS find something bad" It was just a nice little reminder of how I want to be and how I need to get there.


4 comments:

derek and michelle said...

Girl you never say bad about anyone! But that is a good talk!

Shaylin said...

I just read this talk this very morning! :) It really is a GREAT one! And you are a good example to everyone - I'm so glad that we're related!

Michael and Staci said...

This is one of my favorite talks as well. I constantly have the words STOP IT in the back of my mind. I agree with Dan...if you look for the good/bad you will find it. I think it makes us happier when we look for the good in people. Thanks for such a good thought for today! :-)

Natalie Moon said...

I struggle with this everyday and I get so mad at myself because you'd think I'd learn?1? I loved this talk too. It's a great reminder. Thanks!