Monday, December 23, 2013

Grandpa passed away

On Oct 16th I got a phone call from my dad saying my grandpa had passed away. Very surprising, as a few weeks earlier he seemed to be in good health at his 90th birthday party that my dad and aunt threw for him. A few years earlier he had been diagnosed with lung cancer but had overcome that.  He was a fighter, I always remember him being that way as well as strong, active and sharp. Fortunately, Mason and I were able to go out to the funeral.  (Dan was wonderful and stayed home with Connor).
Milon Baer was a farmer. He worked hard. He started new farming which seems to be more popular today but really wasn't in his time. He was known very well in his community and people loved him.

He was a good man and a good example to me. It was nice to be with family during a hard time. He will be missed. But thankfully for the gospel I know I can see him again.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So sorry about your grandpa, but good you got to be with family