Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Haunted Mill

So as we all know Halloween is coming soon and here in Rexburg they have a few haunted houses. The Fear Factory, The Haunted Mill, The Slaughter House are all located in the Idaho Falls/Rexburg area. Last week, Dan and I decided we would try one out. Last night was the "dreaded night" Of course Dan doesn't find those things scary at all and I on the other hand was scared even before we left my apartment to go! I decided I was going to suck it up and be brave. Ha. It was a good thought though. When we got to the Mill we had to wait in line about 30 minutes and while we were waiting this guy with a werewolf looking mask comes out and tries to scare the people in line. He walked right by us, and kind of did the "sudden jump in your face"move and I flinched and then looked at Dan and said I hate this.... The guy must have heard me because he walked right behind us and growled a little and barked at me when I turned around. That was just the beginning. So we get into the Haunted Mill and I am so scared that I am squeezing Dan's hand so hard he told me if I didn't let up a little he wouldn't be able to hold my hand! The maze happened in three different barns and so we got through the first without much screaming but my legs were shaking so bad I thought I was not going to be able to stand up :) It went on and we went through a few more barns and crossed a wobbly bridge with water running under. The bridge was so wobbly I didn't think I was going to make it across. (Dan agreed with me on that) Then one to the part that actually makes me laugh.... We were at the last barn. This one had stairs in it. I was a little less scared by now but as I turned a corner to climb up a set of stairs this guy dressed in all black and no face jumped down from a ledge onto the stairs and scared me to death. I scream so loud and it felt like for so long that afterwards I had surprised myself. The guy backed up the stairs that I still had to climb so we followed him up the stairs. My heart was beating really fast again. So that was my experience with The Haunted Mill. Would I go again... maybe. I will say though I felt relief after screaming and still have that feeling today! Lots of stress was released I guess:)

2 comments:

Danette said...

better you than me, I say. At least you didn't do anything embarrassing.

TwinkleBee said...

ooo love the haunted mill. I hate the jumping out thing and walking in the dark, those get me every time! It helps having a boy's hand to hold :)