Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Day old Child

My day old child
Author: Carol Lynn Pearson
My day old child in my arms
with my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish,
I wish that you could hear,

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes,
and I saw this thought appear,

"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say,
Before I forget, I'd tell you of God,
I left Him yesterday."
 Read this poem again the other day and it had so much more meaning to me. I wonder what Connor would tell me if he could talk to me. I have often thought that I hope I can teach him what he needs to know, but that has changed and I have realized that he has so much to teach me.  Oh how I love this little guy and love the sweet spirit he brings into our home. 

9 comments:

Diana said...

I still love those cheeks!

Gena said...

I love this poem too. Sweet little babies just from heaven. :) He is so adorable!

Michael and Staci said...

Love the poem! He is too precious! :-)

Adam and Victoria said...

congrats. He is beautiful!!!

derek and michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
derek and michelle said...

That is so sweet. He is so adorable. You were a great mom even before you had the little guy. I love you

Shaylin said...

So cute! Oh I can't wait to meet him!

TwinkleBee said...

How are you feeling?

Team Cody said...

My mom went to school with Carol Ann. I have this book signed and read it often - now to my girls. Such good messages in that book. LOVE it. He is adorable