Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year

A new year, a new me? Well, maybe not a new me but maybe an improved me. During December I kept thinking of ALL of these goals I wanted to do come the new year. Do I still have those goals? Yes but realized that they need to come one at a time otherwise I will get overwhelmed. Here are a few goals that I don't mind sharing...

1) read 6 books this year-- I am not a huge reader. Yes I will sit down and read little things here and there but I don't jump from book to book. So this year I am determined to read at least 6, giving myself  2 months to finish a book which it can sometimes take 6 months to read one :) 
2) Become more organized-- I want to dejunk and get myself organized. Like have meals planned and have a cleaning schedule and have finances organized etc. I already do this a little but I wanted to have things written down so when I or Dan look for them we know EXACTLY where to find it.
3) Continue to run-- I don't have any races that I am planning yet but still plan to keep my mileage up. It is such a stress-reliever and mind-clearer :) 


What are some of your goals? :)

6 comments:

Michael and Staci said...

What great goals! I think you are already organized. :-)

Jenn said...

Good for you!! I need to join you on the books and the run!

Unknown said...

i think those goals are VERY attainable! let me know if you need any book recommendations :)

p.s. the rock n roll half marathon in DC is march 17th if you need something to work towards. that may be too soon though.

Shaylin said...

Great goals! My goals: Survive. That's about it really. I wasn't in the best frame of mind for setting goals January 1st. Maybe after this morning sickness passes I can start the new year.

derek and michelle said...

Those are great goals! And I know you will do each one of them.

Gena said...

Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay. Boom. Three books right there, and YOU WILL LOVE THEM. Or have you already read them? In that case, I will suggest The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands or Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. :)

I've always thought you were already a pretty organized person. But I can tell you, I worked on this a lot last year, still am, and it feels SO good to have a little more order with things in our home. I've been doing good with clutter and such in the home, and like you, I am trying to get my meals/recipes all organized once and for all now too.

I think it's great you run. I used to run more but now it seems I start, and I am thinking, "WHY THE HECK AM I DOING THIS?" Maybe if I push on a little more, I will get to the point of liking it again? It's such a good way to exercise. I tell myself I'd like to be running 3-5 miles regularly (maybe at least 3 times a week or more) but then I think about it and think REALLY? But I know it'd make me feel so good after I was done. It's a constant battle. Maybe I'll really work at it this week and see how it goes.

I think you'll accomplish these no problem!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the motivation, and sorry for the super long comment. :) But well, you know I like to chat.