Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ocean City

Has it really been almost a month since blogging.... The summer goes way to fast.

Dan's side of the family had a reunion and this year we went to the beach. Originally we were supposed to go to Virginia Beach for 3 days but things changed and we ended up at Ocean City for a week :) It was a blast. Sadly, we missed Troy, Heather and their family and Dave and Shaylin and their family.... Both because they had new babies in their family. The twins and Paige are adorable and I just want to hold them. It was fun to see Lori and Crewe (the rest of her family were home) and Mike and Courtney. I have decided that I have a love for the beach just like I have a love for the mountains. It is so nice and relaxing and going out on the balcony at nice and listening to the ocean is so calming. When you have about 15 people in a small condo there is never a dull moment. We watched the Olympics, went for some long runs and eat way too much but it was so fun. (And you might think this is sugar coated but really it isn't) I loved it.

Funny story--- The first night that I was there I took Connor to the beach to play around a little. I had taken my sandals off and put them up away from the water. Well the tide started inching its way up and ended up taking ONE of my sandals away with it. :( Well a few days later, the morning after Dan and my father-in-law got there we were out on the beach so everyone else could sleep. We were telling Dan and my FIL what had happened with my sandal when my FIL looked down, asked what color the sandal was and said "You mean this one?" Ha the ocean "spit" my sandal back and now after a few washes it is as good as when it took it. Miracles really do happen :)

Isn't that so pretty? Love the moon on the ocean






The Boardwalk

After a long morning Connor gave up on us and fell asleep in this uncomfortable stroller :) 


Little P man

Our little Pterodactyl :)  



3 comments:

Michael and Staci said...

Reading and looking at your pictures is causing some seriously beach withdrawals!!! :-) How fun having all of the family together. What a great beach reunion. :-) Connor looks like he is in heaven.

Unknown said...

looks like you've had a pretty full summer, grizzly bear! glad your sandal found its way back to you. yay for family time and visits and baseball! good times all around!

Jill said...

Oh, I love all these beach pictures. Makes me want to go back so badly. I'm with you, I love the mountains so so much, and the ocean is right up there with it. That's why Will wants to move to Cali or Hawaii because you can have both. I absolutely love the picture of you three walking on the beach.