Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Are we there yet?

In less that 5 weeks Dan will finish up his last few classes of his Master's Program. HE DID IT :) and sometimes I even think YAY WE did it. Really he did all the hard work while I took care of Connor and played and had fun. The last two years has gone fast overall but definitely had times where it felt slow. It has been quite the experience and I feel like we have grown closer as a couple and as individuals for making this journey.

At the beginning of the two years, it was quite emotional. I felt like a single mom who just had a baby and had no clue what I was doing plus I had to take care of a lot more without much help. Believe me there were tears and lots of them. Thankfully, when Dan couldn't be there I had good friends to keep me company. :) Often I think it had to have been hard for Dan too. Being a new dad and not being able to spend as much time with a new baby, having lots of homework, getting into the school groove etc. Wasn't easy for him either.

Now as I look back, I think "wow that went fast" Where did the time go? I think that is how it happens in life though. When we are going thru a hard time it feels like forever and then we look bak and think "that wasn't so bad"

I don't think that Dan going to school was just for him to get more education. I feel like I needed to learn more about myself and better myself. We are about to close this chapter of our lives and start something new. It is kinda scary but at the same time kinda exciting. I guess that new chapter will be having a 2nd kid, or something else. Who knows.

Are we there yet? Yes, we are almost there!!!!

5 comments:

derek and michelle said...

yay!!! We are so proud of Dan... now we are starting that chapter! lol funny how that works. But since he is done...VAcation?????? YES PLEASE!

Jenn said...

I agree with you, it is a growing experience for the whole family!! Congrats to everyone!! What a great accomplishment!!

Mary Mathews said...

YAY! Congrats! So what's next more school or does he have a job lined up?

Michael and Staci said...

Only a few more weeks. What a HUGE accomplishment. Congrats to the Engel family. :-)

Unknown said...

congrats, dan!